HOWTOs, docs, etc.
There's no real documentation on this website. If you want to know how to use BitlBee, just connect to a public server or install one yourself and read the online help and quickstart information. There's an online version of the quickstart, see the links below.
Some other people also wrote documentation about BitlBee. Maybe some of these might be of some use for you:
- A HTML-version of the quickstart guide by Elizabeth Krumbach.
- A nice document about BitlBee installation and usage by Bradley Marshall.
- A little text about BitlBee installation and usage by Øyvind Sæther.
- A project review on FreshMeat.
- 100 IRC Hacks - BitlBee, from the O'Reilly book.
- About BitlBee and Emacs.
- About BitlBee on AmigaOS (seems to work on MorphOS too).
- Writing an MSN (or Jabber, AIM, ICQ or whatever you prefer) bot using BitlBee.
- Short HOWTO in Spanish.
- Short introduction to BitlBee in German.
- An impressively long BitlBee HOWTO in Hungarian. For as much as I can see from just screenshots, it seems to be a bit focused on Windows, but obviously there's more than just the installation part, so it can be useful for everyone.
If you wrote a nice article about BitlBee and want it listed here, just mail us the link.
And, well, not quite what you'd call documentation, but at least it's written in English and has something to do with BitlBee, some speeches/ramblings by Sjoerd: